My Medicare insurance plan is no longer available in this area – what do I do now?
From time to time insurance companies will decide to no longer do business in a particular area. If this has happened to you, we hope you will consider it an opportunity to take a close look at the plans now available to you – of course, your VibrantUSA Medicare Insurance Specialist will be there to guide you every step of the way.
The Open Enrollment Period is from October 15 through December 7 for a January 1 effective date. Because your plan is leaving the market, you are also entitled to what is known as a Special Election Period (SEP). The SEP will allow you extra time to enroll but any enrollment made after December 31 will delay your effective date. Here is how it works:
Extended enrollment times for those with a plan leaving the area
- December 8 – December 31 for a January 1 effective date
- January 1 – January 31 for a February 1 effective date
Things to Do
- Request a packet of available insurance plans.
- Prepare a list of your prescription drugs (see Prescription Drug & Physician Questionnaire).
- Call or email us for a consultation and we will guide you through your options. Or, if you prefer, you can make an appointment to meet in one of our offices.
Change may be frustrating but it doesn’t have to be cumbersome!
Please remember, you should always review your insurance annually. With the help of your VibrantUSA Medicare Insurance Specialist, you will know you are beginning the New Year with the best plan for your circumstances. And, your Medicare Insurance Specialist will be available to help you year after year.