Making the Most of Your Medicare Insurance Plan:
Get All the Benefits You Deserve
If you switched your Medicare Advantage or Prescription Drug Plan for 2023, then you will receive new medical cards, have access to new ancillary benefits, and provider options that you may not be aware of. In order to make sure you are set up for success, here are some steps you can take to get all the benefits associated with your new plan.
New Medical and Prescription Identification Cards
You have most likely already received your new medical and/or prescription ID cards. If not, you should contact your plan or the agent that assisted you when choosing a new plan. Once you have received your new ID card, ensure your pharmacy and providers have been updated with your new Medicare Advantage or Prescription drug plan card.
Review Your Evidence of Coverage Document
Your insurance company should have also sent you a document listing all the details of your plan. This document is known as the Evidence of Coverage (EOC). It should have information such as what services are covered by your plan, how much copays are for doctor visits and prescription drugs, how much coverage applies toward drug costs, and more. Read through this document carefully and familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions so that you know what exactly is available to you under this new policy.
Check For Ancillary Benefits
Your insurance plan may offer additional benefits beyond just covering medical expenses. These ancillary benefits often include vision care, hearing services, dental care, telemedicine, chiropractic visits, or even gym memberships.
- Dental Allowances: Some Medicare Advantage plans offer dental allowances to use towards comprehensive services. Check the allotted amounts and accepting providers to take advantage of this benefit.
- Vision: Many Medicare Advantage plans offer no or low-cost routine vision exams, however some limits may apply. Maximum benefit allotments may be offered to use towards lenses, frames, and contacts on some plans.
- Hearing: Medicare Advantage plans may offer discounted rates for specific brands and styles of hearing aids that can help towards out-of-pocket cost. Like vision plans, routine hearing exams may be at no or low-cost.
- Fitness Program Extras: Each Medicare Advantage plan offers a different fitness program. Some programs offer membership to one gym, while others allow you to visit multiple locations. Programs often offer extras such as a fitness tracking device, online fitness classes, and much more for you to take advantage of!
- Acupuncture, Chiropractic, and Naturopaths: Medicare Advantage plans are becoming more competitive in offering alternatives to traditional western medicine. Many plans now offer a set number of visits for a set co-pay, allowing members to utilize services such as acupuncture, chiropractic, naturopaths, and massage therapy. Typically, a plan will require you to work within a specific network of providers.
Be sure to look into these options if they are offered by your specific insurer – they could save you a lot of money over time!
Ask Your Doctor About Accepted Insurance Plans
Medicare plans typically work within a network of Doctors and Specialists that beneficiaries can choose from. If you are seeking a new specialist this year, you can check which physicians are in network with your plan by using the online resources available through your plan. All plans have a provider search tool that will allow you to search for providers within your area. You can also always call your Medicare agent for help navigating.
Switching healthcare plans can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be! Remember, you are not alone in managing your healthcare benefits. VibrantUSA agents specialize in Medicare and are available year-round to support customer service needs. We are eager to assist clients in getting the most out of their plan! Call us today at 866-733-5111 for a partner in navigating your Medicare benefits.