AEP Is Almost Here
Now that it is the first week of October, have you ever wondered why you can review Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans for 2023 starting October 1 but the Annual Enrollment Period does not actually start until October 15?
2023 plan materials are released on October 1, meaning you have access to plan details, however, Medicare agents are not allowed to accept applications for the new plan year until October 15. So, what should you do between October 1 and October 15?
- Review the Annual Notice of Change (ANOC) letter you received from your current plan.
- Sign up for an online Webinar to review your current plan’s changes or refresh your knowledge of Medicare basics.
- Schedule a meeting with your agent to review plan changes for the upcoming plan year. Request a meeting online or give us a call at 866-733-5111.
- Make a list of current prescriptions you take and any medical providers that provide you care (primary care and specialists).
- Reflect on how your plan worked for you over the last year. Did you encounter any issues? Or maybe it exceeded expectations?
- Review the annual “Medicare & You” handbook sent by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Reminder: Extra Help/LIS status updates will be sent out at this time from CMS.
The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period can be a stressful and confusing time. VibrantUSA is here to help simplify the process and ensure you have selected the plan that fits your unique needs. We encourage current and prospective clients to reach out early in October so we can make sure the right plan fit is found prior to December 7 when the enrollment period comes to a close. And as always, our services are at no cost to you!
Schedule an Appointment: Click Here
Submit an Updated Prescription and Provider List: Click Here
Attend a Webinar: Click Here