Many of those enrolled in an individual Health Insurance Plan have begun to receive notifications from their insurance company and/or Washington’s Healthplanfinder relative to their coverage for 2015. Here are a few things you should be aware of:
- The open enrollment period does not begin until November 15, 2014. If you wish to make a plan change for a January 1 effective date then you will want to work with your agent between November 15 and December 23rd.
- For some of you, the notice will let you know that if you are happy with your current plan, there is nothing you need to do, you will automatically be enrolled for next year but …
- For many of you the notice will tell you that your current plan will not be available in 2015. You will need to evaluate your options and choose a new plan.
- Even if your plan will continue to be available, it is always a good idea to review your options before committing to another year.
- For some, your plan is still available but you must take action on the Healthplanfinder to reenroll for next year or your coverage will end on December 31, 2014.
- It is important that you keep your copies of any correspondence from your insurer and/or the Washington Health Plan Finder.
- Remember that the professionals at VibrantUSA are here to help. We can identify the health insurance option that best fits your needs and will take the time to:
- Verify the insurance plans accepted by your healthcare providers
- Understand your healthcare objectives and budget
- Determine if you qualify for a subsidy on your premium
- Compare plans on the Washington Healthplanfinder along with plans that are not available on the exchange
- Assist you throughout the health plan enrollment process
- Provide ongoing support post enrollment
If you know of anyone currently on, or shopping for an Individual Health Plan or who may be losing their group coverage we would be happy to help them evaluate their plan options for 2015.
As always, there is no charge for our services. We are compensated directly by the insurers should you choose to enroll in a plan. We look forward to answering your questions and to helping you find the best plan to meet your insurance needs. Please give your agent a call at 866-733-5111 or email us at email@example.com.