Several popular Medicare Advantage insurance plans have announced they will no longer be serving certain areas in Washington. Among them are:
- Sterling Life Insurance – no longer available in the State of Washington
- Essence Healthcare – no longer available in the State of Washington
- United Healthcare/AARP/Secure Horizons – no longer available in Whatcom or Skagit counties in Washington
If you are currently a member of one of the plans leaving your area, VibrantUSA is here to help. You will have an extended period of time to choose a new plan – through February 2013. However, we feel it is best to make your decision during the Open Enrollment Period which runs from October 15 through December 7, 2012 for a January 1, 2013 effective date. If you wait until January 1 through February 28, 2013 to choose your plan, you will be placed on Original Medicare and you will also be without Prescription Drug coverage (if it was part of your Medicare Advantage plan).
It can all be quite confusing and that is why your Medicare Insurance Specialist at VibrantUSA stands ready to serve you. We represent the majority of Medicare insurance plans available in Washington and can help you find the one that will best meet your needs.
- Call or email VibrantUSA and we will guide you through the paperwork. Or, if you prefer, you can make an appointment to meet in one of our offices. Call toll-free 866-733-5111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember, there is never a charge for our services. We are compensated by the insurance company you choose in the form of commission.
- Retain the letter from your insurance company advising you of the change in their service area.
- Request a packet of available insurance plans from VibrantUSA
- Prepare a list of your prescription drugs – we have a form for that on our website you will find helpful, https://vibrantusa.com/forms/prescription-drug-questionaire/.
Please remember, you should always review your Medicare insurance annually. With the help of a VibrantUSA Medicare Insurance Specialist, you will know you are beginning the New Year with the best plan for your circumstances. And your Specialist will be here year after year to help you with your annual review or any questions or concerns you may have.